On Monday evening Borussia Moenchengladbach will play against RB Leipzig. The kick-off at Borussia Park is at 20:30. We have the team news, the best betting predictions and odds for you.
What is in Borussia Moenchengladbach’s favour?
- Minimum target Top10
- Opponents not focused
What speaks for RB Leipzig?
- Fight for direct Champions League qualification
- The best team in the second half of the season
Our betting tip
- Prediction: Borussia Moenchengladbach +0.5 (double chance)
- Odds: 2.10
- Bookmaker: Interwetten
Team news Borussia Moenchengladbach
Borussia Moenchengladbach started the season with much higher ambitions. The current 13th place in the table is a big disappointment for Borussia. But with a win against RB Leipzig, the team can return to the top ten. The chance for Gladbach to qualify for a European Cup place is as good as out of the question, but they will do everything to be as high up as possible at the end of the season: The distribution of television money plays a decisive role in this.
Coach Adi Huetter’s team is also far more capable than its current position in the table suggests and will try to sell itself well in front of the home crowd despite a few absentees.
Team news RB Leipzig
It is a difficult situation for RB Leipzig. On the one hand, a point win against Borussia Moenchengladbach is a must to keep the chance of Champions League qualification alive. On the other hand, the Leipziger have to play the immensely important Europa League semi-final second leg in Glasgow just three days later. Their opponents, Rangers, were already allowed to play their league match on Sunday and can therefore regenerate one day longer than Leipzig. There is no travel stress for the Rangers either. That is a clear advantage for the Scots.
Making it to the final and possibly winning the European Cup would be the greatest success in the club’s history. Leipzig will therefore not give 100 per cent full throttle in this match. They will spare their regular players as much as possible. It is to be expected that there will be some unfamiliar faces on the RB side in this match. A point win would be enough for RB Leipzig to regain fourth place in the table from Freiburg.
Head-2-Head and statistics
- In 11 games against each other, RB has won 7 times, Gladbach only once.
- In 4 of the last 5 encounters, at least 4 goals were scored.
- Leipzig is the best team in the second half of the season
- Leipzig have won 5 in a row away from home in all competitions
- Both teams have yet to draw 0-0 this season.
Our betting tip for Borussia Moenchengladbach vs RB Leipzig
Of course, RB Leipzig would win this game under normal circumstances. But their main focus is clearly on Thursday night’s game in Scotland. And that is where Borussia Moenchengladbach’s chance lies. We believe that Gladbach can prevent a defeat against RB Leipzig and therefore bet on Gladbach +0.5, i.e. double chance. You can find this betting offer with odds around 2.1 at Interwetten, among others.
- Ghana convinces at the World Cup – soon against Brazil? - November 29, 2022
- World Cup: With two best players of 2022 out, who’ll win the Golden Boot? - November 22, 2022
- Ghana vs. Portugal – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup match (24/11/2022, 17:00 CET) - November 22, 2022