On Friday evening, Eintracht Frankfurt will host Bayern Munich. The match in Frankfurt’s Deutsche Bank Park will kick off at 20:30. We have the best betting predictions, odds and team news for you.
What speaks for Eintracht Frankfurt?
- Euphoria still high after Europa League win
- Team strengthened in certain areas, with hardly any departures
- Won two of the last three games against Bayern at home
What speaks for FC Bayern?
- Outstanding performance against RB Leipzig
- The team is stronger than ever despite Lewandowski’s departure
- 23 wins in 33 games in Frankfurt
Our betting prediction:
- Bet: Victory FC Bayern & Both teams score
- Bookie: Bet365
- Odds: 2.40
At the start of the new season – with a lot of hype around it, shows and broadcasts all over the world – there is a very special top match: the reigning Europa League winners Eintracht Frankfurt against last year’s champions FC Bayern Munich. Both teams will also be competing in the Champions League this season.
Team news Eintracht Frankfurt
Eintracht Frankfurt stunned the experts last Monday with their DFB Cup match in Magdeburg – not so much with the expected clear victory, but rather with the extremely fast attacking football they presented at times in the match. Special attention was paid to Bundesliga returnee Mario Goetze, who seemed like a different player and had nothing of the often ponderous Goetze from his last Bundesliga season in Dortmund. Now he showed himself to be a brilliant playmaker who could give Eintracht a little of the Uwe Bein and Lajos Detari effect of earlier days.
However, the high victory was also a little deceptive: Magdeburg certainly had chances in the first half of the game – a missed penalty, for example, could have ensured a different course of the game with a little more courage. But as it was, Magdeburg quickly ran after a deficit and repeatedly fell to Frankfurt’s counter-attacking knife.
The next highlight for Eintracht follows just a few days later: the Supercup final against Real Madrid. As a reminder: Last season, Eintracht was often extremely poor before their European Cup matches, especially at home.
Team News FC Bayern Munich
There was never any doubt that Bayern is good. But that they are so good even without Robert Lewandowski that they easily scored 5 goals against RB Leipzig in the DFL Supercup was quite surprising. They took cup winners and Champions League participants RB Leipzig by surprise and quickly led 3:0, but – after that – they let Leipzig come back into the game and suddenly it was only 3:4. That also means that this Bayern team, for all its brilliance in attack, is vulnerable.
Against Frankfurt, Julian Nagelsmann can fall back on the full squad, only goalkeeper Manuel Neuer is temporarily out with stomach problems, which will be resolved by Friday.
- The last match between the two teams in Frankfurt ended 0:1
- It was the only match of the last 12 duels with less than 3 goals
- Seven times there were more than 3 goals
- Six times either Frankfurt or Bayern scored 4 goals or more
- FC Bayern has won 23 of their last 33 matches.
- Frankfurt have won two of their last three home games against Bayern
- In 9 of the last 10 opening matches, there were more than 2 goals, 7 times both teams scored, and 7 times there were even more than 3 goals.
Our betting prediction for Eintracht Frankfurt vs. FC Bayern Munich
The ease with which FC Bayern performed against strong rivals from Leipzig, after all, and won there relatively easily, points to another one-sided season. Or can Eintracht spring a surprise in their very first game? The potential to annoy FC Bayern and score goals is definitely there. Frankfurt is fast and extremely strong on the offensive, both on the flanks and through the middle. But defensively, at this stage of the season, the defence is not solid enough to withstand Bayern’s offensive power.
Moreover, Frankfurt often showed weaknesses in front of their home crowd last season – especially before important European Cup matches. And the Supercup is a real highlight for Eintracht. A game that is unlikely to be repeated for Frankfurt in the near future. Bayern will have a plus point there.
We are betting on a Bayern win with one or more goals on both sides, but there are also some attractive side bets that we have listed below.
Prediction: Victory FC Bayern & Both teams score @2.40 Bet365
Other good odds:
- More than 3.5 goals @1.90
- FC Bayern -1.5 @2.075
- Frankfurt over 1.5 goals @2.75
- Bayern over 2.5 goals @2.00
- Daichi Kamada over 0.5 shots on target @1.90
Recommended Betting Sites per country in Africa
- Ghana convinces at the World Cup – soon against Brazil? - November 29, 2022
- World Cup: With two best players of 2022 out, who’ll win the Golden Boot? - November 22, 2022
- Ghana vs. Portugal – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup match (24/11/2022, 17:00 CET) - November 22, 2022