On Sunday afternoon at 17:30 Hertha BSC and VfB Stuttgart will meet at the Olympiastadion in Berlin. We have the team reports, the best betting predictions and odds for you.
You can bet on the Bundesliga with all the major sports betting providers. Find out where the best bets are in our betting provider comparison.
What speaks for Hertha BSC?
- Home advantage & hope
- Survival specialist Felix Magath
What’s in VfB Stuttgart’s favour?
- Individual class
Our betting prediction
- Tip: Hertha BSC Berlin +0,25
- Odds: 1,83
- Bookmaker: Betway
Team News Hertha BSC Berlin
Hertha BSC is currently in 15th place, just one position ahead of Sunday’s opponents VfB Stuttgart. Things are not looking good for the Berliners, although Berlin fans will be hoping that the team has gained stability in the weeks since new coach Felix Magath took over. The former FC coach of FC Bayern Munich has made a name for himself in the past as a so-called fireman, i.e. someone who pulls relegation-threatened teams out of the danger zone. The fact that some of Hertha’s players are not yet available because they have also not trained under Magath and do not know his system does not matter. Only the absence of the suspended winger Marco Richter hurts. He will probably be replaced by the experienced Vladimir Darida.
Team News VfB Stuttgart
In terms of potential, the VfB Stuttgart team should be in the top ten, if not the top five. The individual class of players like Omar Marmoush, Sasa Kaladjic or Tiago Thomas is also impressive. Nevertheless, Stuttgart has not managed to play consistently at a good level throughout the season. After good beginnings, there were repeated relapses into disastrous performances, losses of points and defeats. So it is not surprising that coach Matarazzo’s team is in 16th place four matchdays before the end and is threatened with relegation.
Head-to-head & statistics
- In the head-to-head comparison, the statistics of the two teams are even
- Hertha is the 15th best home team
- Stuttgart is the 15th best away team 8 of the last 10 Hertha home matches scored more than 2 goals Last three Stuttgart away matches ended X
- Stuttgart have won only one of their last 10 away matches
Our betting tip for Hertha BSC Berlin vs. VfB Stuttgart
Neither team can afford to lose. It will be a hard-fought game in which nobody will give each other anything. However, the home team is heavily underestimated by the betting companies. Hertha BSC has their vociferous fans behind them and will go well prepared into this game by tactician Felix Magath. Due to the really tempting odds of Hertha BSC +1/4, we bet with odds of 1.83 on the Berliners. This is an offer by Betway, among others.
- Ghana announces squad for Brazil match - September 16, 2022
- Getafe FC vs. Real Sociedad – betting prediction, odds for the La Liga match (11.09.2022, 18:30 CET) - September 10, 2022
- Tottenham Hotspurs vs. Olympique Marseille –betting prediction, odds for the Champions League match (07.09.2022, 21:00 CET) - September 6, 2022