On Saturday at 20:15 RB Leipzig will face FC Bayern Munich at the Red Bull Arena in Leipzig. We have the best betting predictions, odds and all the team news for you.
What speaks in favour of RB Leipzig?
- A well-rehearsed team without major changes
- First complete preparation under Tedesco
- Home game in Leipzig
- Many players with World Cup ambitions
What speaks for FC Bayern?
- Defending champions in the last two years
- Record investment in the new team
- Only one defeat against Leipzig
Our betting prediction:
- Betting: RB Leipzig +0.5 AH
- Bookmaker: Bet365
- Odds: 1.98
On Saturday, the first important title of the season will be awarded in Germany: In the DFL Supercup, the reigning champion traditionally meets the current DFB Cup winner. This cup was already played in the 80s and 90s but then suspended for a few years. Since 2010, it has once again been a fixed part of the regular season. With the exception of 2011 (Dortmund vs. Schalke), Bayern Munich has always been in it. In the last three years, the duel has always been FC Bayern vs. Borussia Dortmund, with Dortmund winning once and Bayern twice – in 2020 and 2021 – and thus going into this match as defending champions.
If the score is tied after 90 minutes, the match is decided by a penalty shootout without extra time.
Team news RB Leipzig
The face of RB Leipzig has hardly changed this season. With Nordi Mukiele (Paris St. Germain) and Tyler Adams (Leeds United) only two players have left the squad, plus Ademola Lookman and Brian Brobbey, who were loaned out last year. The only new arrivals are Austrian midfielder Xaver Schlager, who came from VfL Wolfsburg, and goalkeeper Janis Blaswich as the new number 2 behind Peter Gulasci.
On the other hand, it is also the first full pre-season under coach Domenico Tedesco, who took over from predecessor Jesse Marsh in December 2021.
Important for RB Leipzig was the contract extension of Christopher Nkunku, the best Bundesliga player of last season. Since the departure of Erling Haaland to Manchester City, he is also the most valuable player in the league.
It is difficult to assess how Leipzig is doing at the moment. The last test match against Liverpool FC went thoroughly wrong – the Reds lost 0:5. Tedesco has all his regular players available for this match.
Team news FC Bayern
The champions FC Bayern will have to do without their outstanding goal scorer of the last few years this season: Robert Lewandowski. The Pole has not yet been equally replaced by Bayern. Instead, however, FC Bayern has spent a lot of money to strengthen other parts of the team. Ryan Grevenberch and Noussair Mazraoui came from Ajax Amsterdam, centre-back Matthis de Ligt from Juventus Turin and Africa’s Footballer of the Year Sadio Mané from Liverpool FC. The question will be how Bayern will compensate for the absence of a goal-scorer like Robert Lewandowski.
Besides the injured Leon Goretzka, coach Julian Nagelsmann can call on all players.
- In 14 games, RB Leipzig has only won once against FC Bayern – with 5 draws.
- In 3 of the last 6 duels, less than 3 goals were scored – in the other three, however, more than 4.
- Leipzig has recently scored at least one goal in 90% of their matches, Bayern in 80% – and in half of all matches even at least 2.
- In the last 12 Supercup matches, there has only been a penalty shoot-out decision three times.
- 50% of the Supercup decisions since 2010 ended with more than 2 goals.
- In half of the matches since 2010, the teams remained without a goal of their own
- Last season, Leipzig scored 61% of its goals in the last 30 minutes – Bayern, on the other hand, only 21%.
Our betting prediction for RB Leipzig vs. FC Bayern Munich
At this early stage of the season, it is difficult to make good predictions. There are a lot of question marks in play. One thing is clear: RB Leipzig has not changed much and is a well-rehearsed construct with many players who are not regulars in their respective national teams and want to present themselves for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, such as Nkunku, Olmo or Silva.
Bayern is facing major tactical changes. Sadio Mané worked well in Liverpool’s system, but what will it be like at Bayern?
We think that the odds in this game, which is also a home game for Leipzig, clearly speak for a bet on the underdog and therefore bet with the Asian Handicap +0.5 or Double Chance 1x that RB will not lose this game. This is available at good odds of 1.98 with providers such as Bet365.
Bet: RB Leipzig +0.5 Asian Handicap @1.98 Bet365 and others
Recommended Betting Sites per country in Africa
|Bet9ja, Betking||all Betting Sites Nigeria|
|Betika, Odibet||all Betting Sites Kenya|
|Betking, Betway||all Betting Sites Ghana|
|Betway, Hollywoodbets||all Betting Sites South Africa|
- Ghana convinces at the World Cup – soon against Brazil? - November 29, 2022
- World Cup: With two best players of 2022 out, who’ll win the Golden Boot? - November 22, 2022
- Ghana vs. Portugal – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup match (24/11/2022, 17:00 CET) - November 22, 2022