On Sunday, the teams of Union Berlin and Eintracht Frankfurt will meet at the stadium An der Alten Foersterei in Berlin. The kick-off is at 17:30. We have taken a look at the team reports, odds and best betting predictions for you.
You can bet on the Bundesliga with all the major sports betting providers. Find out where the best bets are in our betting provider comparison.
What speaks for Union Berlin
- Well rested and no travel stress
- Strong at home (only 1 defeat in 10 home games)
- Best line-up
- Tired opponents
What speaks for Eintracht Frankfurt
- Euphoric mood after the win against Barca
- Good record against Union Berlin (won 5 out of 7 games)
Our betting tip
- Prediction: Union Berlin -0.5 & More than 2 goals
- Odds: 2.15 & 2.05
- Bookmaker: Bet365 & Betsson
The starting position for this match is clear: Union Berlin is only a few points behind Freiburg and Hoffenheim in the fight for direct Europa League qualification. Frankfurt is already far behind and is in no man’s land on the table. Frankfurt also had a difficult game in midweek and should be tired.
Team news Union Berlin
With two wins in a row lately, Union Berlin went back to the top. After the winter break, Union initially lacked goals – their most important offensive player Max Kruse had left the team for Wolfsburg and the Berliners’ attacking engine sputtered. Now, however, success is returning. They won against Cologne and Hertha, both games took place in Berlin – Union has not had any travel stress lately and goes into this important game rested and highly concentrated. Last season they qualified for the Conference League, now the Europa League is just around the corner. Union does not have to make any major changes compared to the successful previous weeks.
Team news Eintracht Frankfurt
After Eintracht Frankfurt eliminated Barcelona in an outstanding match last Thursday, the team is rated much higher internationally and many will back Eintracht in this match. But the fact is that the Eintracht players won a very emotional game and celebrated this deep into the night on Thursday evening. The players certainly did not sleep much, a training session planned for Friday morning was even cancelled. The anticipation for the Europa League semi-final is huge, there is not much left to win or lose in the Bundesliga. Coach Glasner will make many changes and probably field the fittest and most rested players.
Head-to-head & statistics
- Of the previous encounters in the 1st and 2nd Bundesliga, all seven ended with more than 2.5 goals.
- In 6 of 7 games, both teams scored.
- Union have lost only one of their last 10 home games
- Frankfurt have lost only two of their last 10 away matches
- Union Berlin have only scored more than 2 goals in one match
- Eintracht Frankfurt trailed 0:1 in 17 of 29 matches (59%)
Our betting tip for Union Berlin vs. Eintracht Frankfurt
For all the euphoria surrounding Eintracht Frankfurt after their win against Barca, the game at Union is something completely different. Union is rested, has not had to travel for weeks and still has big goals. Frankfurt’s only big goal this season is the Europa League semi-final against West Ham United. Our money is on a home win for Union Berlin against a tired Frankfurt. All previous matches between the two teams ended with more than 2 goals. They will remain true to this tradition in this match as well. Good odds for this are available at Bet365 and Betsson.
- Ghana convinces at the World Cup – soon against Brazil? - November 29, 2022
- World Cup: With two best players of 2022 out, who’ll win the Golden Boot? - November 22, 2022
- Ghana vs. Portugal – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup match (24/11/2022, 17:00 CET) - November 22, 2022