Tottenham Hotspurs play Olympique Marseille this Wednesday. Kick-off at the Highbrow Stadium is at 21:00 cet. The referee is Slavko Vinčić from Slovenia. We have a betting prediction, odds and team news for you.
What speaks in favour of Tottenham Hotspurs?
- A team of high quality
- Unbeaten since March
- Hungry for wins
What speaks for Olympique Marseille?
- Being the underdog
- Many players with experience
- Unbeaten since May
- Bet: Tottenham Hotspurs -1 Asian Handicap
- Odds: 1.90
The 2022/2023 Champions League season begins with many highly interesting matches like this one between a team that finished 4th in the English Premier League last year. And both have made an exceptional start to the new season.
Team-News Tottenham Hotspurs
Unai Emery’s side has invested a lot of money compared to other teams and has made some major deals to improve. The most important new arrival is Richarlison, a striker who joins Tottenham from Everton. And centre-back Christian Romero joins London from Atalanta Bergamo. Both are already regulars and have contributed to Spurs’ good start to the new season. None of the important regulars is missing at the moment, so Spurs can field the team that beat Fulham 2-1 last weekend. Coach Antonio Conte seems to have finally implemented his style of play at Tottenham and the current success speaks for them. They are currently in 3rd place, just one point away from league leaders Arsenal.
Team-News Olympique Marseille
It was not easy for Olympique Marseille to move on after the departure of successful coach Jorge Sampaioli. They had to find a suitable successor and found former world-class defender Igor Tudor from Croatia. He was coach of Hellas Verona last season – and actually, you can not say he was ever successful as a coach himself. Neither at Verona, nor at Hajduk Split, nor at Udinese, nor even at Galatasaray. But Olympique was convinced that he would be the right one and the start so far shows that the Marseille officials were right. Of course, Tudor still benefits from the good work Sampaioli did before. The face of the team has not changed much, but Guendozi, Under and Veretout could improve the team.
However, Marseille’s previous opponents have been teams like Auxerre, Nice, Nantes or Reims – these are light years away from the quality of Tottenham. So it is difficult to really assess the level of Olympique Marseille this season.
- They have not played each other in the last 10 years
- Tottenham has not lost an official match since March -.
- Olympique are unbeaten in official matches since May.
- Tottenham have won all their home games this season
- Marseille is unbeaten away from home so far this season.
- Tottenham scores 65% of their goals in the 2nd half.
- Olympique score 21% of their goals in the first 15 minutes
- Referee Slavko Vincic shows an average of 3.75 cards.
Our betting prediction for Tottenham Hotspurs vs. Olympique Marseille
Tottenham is in superb form at the moment and with Manchester City and especially Liverpool struggling at the moment, it could be Spurs’ time to shine – not only in the English Premier League but also in Europe, where they reached the Champions League final a couple of years ago. Tottenham should be too strong for Olympique in this match and even the Asian handicap of 1 still has some value in it. These odds of 1.90 are available at almost all sportsbooks.
Recommended Betting Sites per country in Africa
|Bet9ja, Betking||all Betting Sites Nigeria|
|Betika, Odibet||all Betting Sites Kenya|
|Betking, Betway||all Betting Sites Ghana|
|Betway, Hollywoodbets||all Betting Sites South Africa|
- Ghana convinces at the World Cup – soon against Brazil? - November 29, 2022
- World Cup: With two best players of 2022 out, who’ll win the Golden Boot? - November 22, 2022
- Ghana vs. Portugal – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup match (24/11/2022, 17:00 CET) - November 22, 2022