On Saturday, the teams of Deportivo Alaves and FC Villarreal will meet in this La Liga match. Kick-off at the Estadio Mendizorrotza in Vitoria-Gasteiz is at 13:00. We have the team news, statistics and best betting prediction for you.
By the way, you can bet on La Liga with all the major sports betting providers. Find out where the best bets are in our betting provider comparison.
What’s in it for Deportivo Alaves?
- No injury worries for the first time in a long while
- Strong at home recently
- Maybe last chance
What speaks for FC Villarreal?
- Usually the better team
- Minimal chances of qualifying for the Europa League
Our betting prediction:
- Bet: Deportiva Alaves DNB
- Bookmaker: 1xbet
- Odds: 2.61
Team-News Deportivo Alaves
Things are not looking good for Deportivo Alaves at the moment. The last team in the table is six points behind 17th place, but the situation is not hopeless yet. 15 points are still up for grabs. Most recently, there were home wins against the better placed Rayo Vallecano and Valencia, while Champions League contenders FC Sevilla could not get beyond a 0-0 draw. Almost exactly a year ago, Saturday’s opponents were beaten 2-1. On Saturday, coach Julio Velázquez will have all his players available for the first time in a long time.
Team-News Villarreal FC
Unai Emery’s team has probably lost all chances to qualify for the next Champions League season. This is partly due to their glaring weakness away from home recently – and possibly also due to the heavy overload caused by the current Champions League. There, on the other hand, the Villarreal players ran after the ball for almost 90 minutes last Wednesday and were inferior to Liverpool FC in all respects. Nevertheless, they only lost 0:2 – the door to the final is not quite closed yet. The game in Liverpool ended late, shortly before 23:00 Spanish time. The return journey was made the same evening and the players were not back home until late morning. The preparation time was so short that it can be assumed that Unai Emery will spare some of his regular players. The Spaniards’ thoughts will already be on the return match against Liverpool next Tuesday.
Head-to-head & statistics
- There has never been a draw
- 10 out of 11 games ended with more than 2 goals
- Alaves have never scored more than 2 goals in a match this season
- Alaves have an average of only 3 corners per game
- Both teams receive an average of 2.5 cards per game
- Alaves score 65% of their goals in the 2nd half
Our bet for Deportivo Alaves vs. FC Villarreal
The situation is pretty clear here: Alaves are playing for their lives and Villarreal’s mind is elsewhere, they have had an exhausting trip and hardly any time to regenerate. We bet on an Alaves win with the option of a draw with no stake. This means that in the event of a draw, the stake will be refunded. This bet is available for example at 1xbet, but all other books do offer it as well.
- Ghana convinces at the World Cup – soon against Brazil? - November 29, 2022
- World Cup: With two best players of 2022 out, who’ll win the Golden Boot? - November 22, 2022
- Ghana vs. Portugal – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup match (24/11/2022, 17:00 CET) - November 22, 2022