On Sunday, the match between Getafe FC and Villarreal FC will take place. Kick-off at the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez stadium is at 17:30 cet. We have a betting prediction, team news and odds for you.
What speaks for Getafe FC?
- Push for the first points of the season
What’s in it for Villarreal FC?
- They started the season with 4 wins
- Top of the table after matchday 2
- 6 wins in a row against Getafe
Our betting prediction:
- Prediction: Villarreal Away win
- Odds: 1.93
- Bookmaker: Bet365
Team news Getafe FC
The team from the Madrid area started the season with two defeats. While the opening defeat against local rivals Atletico Madrid (0:3) was to be expected, the defeat against promoted Girona (1:3) was a bitter disappointment. Getafe already showed a descending form curve last season and this is now continuing.
In contrast to high spending although indebted clubs like Barcelona, Getafe has to save money. In the transfer market, those responsible around coach Quique Sanchez Flores have so far held back and only spent 15 million euros. The king transfer was that of striker Borja Mayoral for 10 million. In return, they lost their important left-back Mathias Olivera to Napoli. They could have used him because his replacement Fabrizio Angileri is suspended for a red card against Villarreal.
Team news Villarreal FC
Villarreal FC has maintained their good form from pre-season and started the new season with two wins. Most recently, the Submarinos won their Conference League Cup match against Hajduk Split 2-0 – with a B eleven. The first leg ended with a 4:2.
Before that, coach Unai Emery’s team started the season with a win against Valladolid (3-0) and against Atletico Madrid (2-0). So in their 4 competitive games in the last 14 days, they have scored 11 goals themselves and conceded only two. That speaks for a lot of self-confidence. Already last season Villarreal often showed their class – not least in the Champions League.
Not much has changed in the team so far. Only about 1 million euros were spent on a few new additions.
- Villarreal have won their last 6 matches against Getafe
- The last Getafe victory vs Villarreal was in 2017
- Villarreal FC are unbeaten in 13 matches across all competitions/seasons
- In the duels between Getafe and Villarreal, there is an average of only 5.5 corners in total
Our betting prediction for Getafe FC vs Villarreal FC
Villarreal has started the new season with an incredibly broad chest. Unai Emery has managed to keep his team together and only strengthen them selectively. The goal is to reach the Champions League this year again. Their opponents Getafe, on the other hand, are already playing against relegation. In the form of the first games, it will be difficult to keep the league.
We believe that Villarreal in its current form is simply too strong for out-of-form Getafe. Anything other than an easy away victory for Unai Emery’s side would be a big surprise and the odds for the away win of around 1.93 are excellent.
Our Tip: Villarreal wins at 1.93 (Bet365 and others)
- Under 9 corners @2.10
- Villarreal -1 Asian Handicap @2.75
- Getafe more cards @1.85
- Borja Mayoral over 0.5 shots on target @1.83
Recommended Betting Sites per country in Africa
|Bet9ja, Betking||all Betting Sites Nigeria|
|Betika, Odibet||all Betting Sites Kenya|
|Betking, Betway||all Betting Sites Ghana|
|Betway, Hollywoodbets||all Betting Sites South Africa|
- Ghana convinces at the World Cup – soon against Brazil? - November 29, 2022
- World Cup: With two best players of 2022 out, who’ll win the Golden Boot? - November 22, 2022
- Ghana vs. Portugal – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup match (24/11/2022, 17:00 CET) - November 22, 2022