On Saturday, Arsenal FC will play against Leicester City. Kick-off at the Emirates Stadium in London is at 16:00 CET. We have the best betting predictions, odds and team news for you.
What speaks for Arsenal FC?
- Strong home team
- No loss of points at home since April
- Well-strengthened team
- Three wins in a row against Leicester
What is in Leicester City’s favour?
- A well-rehearsed team with no additions or departures
Our betting prediction:
- Prediction: Arsenal FC -1 AH
- Bookmaker: Betway
- Odds: 1.84
Team news Arsenal London
Arsenal has really strengthened this season and has ambitions to be back at the top of the league. They are aiming for a top-four finish – and maybe, even more, is possible. The potential is definitely there, after finishing 5th last year and participating in the Europa League after initial difficulties. Spaniard Mikel Arteta’s team has improved in important positions. For example, centre-forward Gabriel Jesus and left-back Oleksandr Zinchenko arrived from rivals Manchester City, as well as attacking midfielder Fabio Viera from FC Porto, who is still suffering from an injury. There were no departures that hurt Arsenal.
Arsenal has been in good form in preparation, with Gabriel Jesus in particular flourishing. At Arsenal, unlike at City, he does not have much competition to fear.
The Gunners won the first game of the new season 2-0 in the derby against Crystal Palace. Arteta will probably start with the same starting line-up.
Team News Leicester City
While many of their rivals have added to their squad, Leicester City has been virtually idle in the transfer market. Only the loaned Dennis Praet has returned. On the other hand, goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, a club legend, has left the club for Nice. So Leicester has faith in the team that only finished 8th last season and thus did not qualify for any international competition. Last weekend, coach Brendan Rogers’ side started the season with a 2-2 home draw against Brentford. Major changes in the team are not expected.
- Arsenal won their last three home games at the end of last season.
- In the 21/22 season, Arsenal was the third-best home team.
- Leicester was the 15th best away team, losing 9 out of 19 games.
- Arsenal has won four of their last five games against Leicester.
- Last season Arsenal received an average of 2.33 cards per game – Leicester only 0.67.
- Referee Darren England has shown at least 2 cards in 88% of his games (average of 3.63).
Our betting prediction for Arsenal FC vs. Leicester City
Arsenal has big ambitions this year and many players like playmaker Martin Odegaard continue to develop and get better. In Gabriel Jesus, the team finally has what it has lacked in recent years: a goalscorer who can convert the many chances created by Martinelli, Odegaard, Saka and co. Leicester looks tired, old and slow this season, lacking fresh players, but so far Rogers is keeping a low profile.
For the moment at least, it looks like Arsenal London can clearly beat Leicester. However, Arsenal’s good form and Leicester City’s poor performance have not gone unnoticed in the betting market. The Asian Handicap -1 was still available at odds of 2.06 at the end of July. However, the 1.84 now offered by Betway is still justified.
Recommended Betting Sites per country in Africa
|Bet9ja, Betking||all Betting Sites Nigeria|
|Betika, Odibet||all Betting Sites Kenya|
|Betking, Betway||all Betting Sites Ghana|
|Betway, Hollywoodbets||all Betting Sites South Africa|
- Ghana announces squad for Brazil match - September 16, 2022
- Getafe FC vs. Real Sociedad – betting prediction, odds for the La Liga match (11.09.2022, 18:30 CET) - September 10, 2022
- Tottenham Hotspurs vs. Olympique Marseille –betting prediction, odds for the Champions League match (07.09.2022, 21:00 CET) - September 6, 2022