City derby between Manchester City and Manchester United this coming Sunday. Kick-off at the Etihad Stadium is at 15:00. We have picked out the best betting predictions, team info and odds for you.
What speaks for Manchester City?
- Still without defeat
- Enormously high individual class
What speaks for Manchester United?
- Three recent away wins without conceding a goal
- Wins against Liverpool and Arsenal
Our betting prediction:
- Bets: Manchester United +1.5
- Odds: 1.95
- Bookmaker: Betsson
Manchester City Team News
Manchester City has made a good start to the season as expected, going without defeat in their seven games so far, with new centre-forward Erling Haaland leading the scoring charts with 11 goals. However, not everything has gone as well as the table would suggest. They lost the Community Shield to Liverpool, picked up unexpected draws at Newcastle and against Aston Villa, were 2-0 down at half-time at home to Crystal Palace, and in the Champions League Borussia, Dortmund led until the 80th minute at the Etihad Stadium.
By now you know how to shape a game against Manchester City in order not to lose, that’s what happened to Pep Guardiola at Barcelona and Bayern. But as with his previous stops, City can rely on the individual skills of its stars and certain weaknesses of the opponent in crucial situations.
Manchester United Team News
United did not look particularly good at the start of the season, but then caught on and became very stable, especially defensively – not least thanks to the signing of Casemiro, who now provides Brazilian stability in midfield together with Fred. Coach Ten Hag‘s system seems to be slowly catching on, and the results have been good again recently. United have won games against Liverpool, Southampton, Leicester and even league leaders Arsenal. The last game against Crystal Palace did not take place because of Queen’s death, otherwise, they might have been even higher up the table.
The victories against top teams Liverpool and Arsenal show United’s great potential, which at least for the moment does not have to hide from City. The absence of the already little-loved captain Harry Maguire will not weigh heavily in this game.
- There have been no decisive trends in the last 40 derbies. 18 times City have won, 18 times United have won, in 6 of the last 7 games less than 3 goals were scored
- ManU has won their last three away games, including the Europa League, without conceding a goal.
- In these derbies, Manchester City usually has up to 7 more corners per game.
- ManU always has a preponderance of cards (3.33:0.33) instead.
- ManU have not scored in the last 15 minutes of matches
- Referee Michael Oliver shows an average of 3.36 cards
Our betting prediction for Manchester City vs. Manchester United
At first glance, of course, it looks like City will have a similar run to last season despite two draws. And the opponent from the same city does not seem to be a hurdle at first glance either. But United have recently looked very stable, concentrated and defensively strong, especially on foreign grounds. If United follows Dortmund’s example and has a better physical condition until the last minute, then United can get something in this match. However, the Asian handicap of +1.5 also allows us a small defeat by one goal to win this bet.
Our Prediction: Manchester United +1.5 @1.95
- Manchester City -4.5 corners @1.92 (Bet365)
- Under 3.0 goals (Asian) @2.20 (Bet365)
- Manchester United -1.5 cards @2.75 (Bet365)
- Bernardo Silva has more than 1 shot @2.00 (Bet365)
Recommended Betting Sites per country in Africa
|Bet9ja, Betking||all Betting Sites Nigeria|
|Betika, Odibet||all Betting Sites Kenya|
|Betking, Betway||all Betting Sites Ghana|
|Betway, Hollywoodbets||all Betting Sites South Africa|
- Ghana convinces at the World Cup – soon against Brazil? - November 29, 2022
- World Cup: With two best players of 2022 out, who’ll win the Golden Boot? - November 22, 2022
- Ghana vs. Portugal – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup match (24/11/2022, 17:00 CET) - November 22, 2022