Kaizer Chiefs face Mamelodi Sundowns in Johannesburg on Sunday. The kick-off at the FNB-Stadium is at 17h30. We have the best betting predictions, team news and odds for you.
If you want to bet from your smartphone, be sure to read our sports betting app review.
What speaks for Kaizer Chiefs?
- Fight for qualification for the CAF Champions League
- New coach gives new impetus
What’s in it for Mamelodi Sundowns?
- The title is secured, they can play without pressure
- Can upset an old rival
- Can prove their superiority
Our Betting Prediction
- Bet: Kaizer Chiefs DNB
- Odds: 2.60
- Booksmaker: Interwetten
Team News Kaizer Chiefs
This season has been a disaster for Soweto’s tradition-steeped Kaizer Chiefs. They failed to capitalise on their good squad, did not play a major role in the national championship and were eliminated early on the international stage. As a result, their coach, Scotsman Stuart Baxter, was now relieved of his duties as head coach. His successor Arthur Zwane must now get Amakhosi back on track: Qualification for the CAF Champions League is still within reach. However, old and new champions Mamelodi Sundowns must be defeated on Sunday to move a step closer to second place, which entitles them to take part in the Champions League. With three matches remaining, Kaizer Chiefs are three points behind Real Kings and Cape Town City. Lately, however, Kaizer Chiefs’ results have been subterranean, especially at home. Of their last six home games, only the last one against Marumo Gallants was won.
Team news Mamelodi Sundowns
Mamelodi Sundowns are already confirmed as the old and new Premiership champions. This match in Johannesburg, the derby against the Chiefs, is therefore of little importance to Mamelodi Sundowns. But Mamelodi is not a team that rests on its laurels. Especially because of the great rivalry with neighbour Kaizer Chiefs. Besides, Kaizer Chiefs have no home advantage as Mamelodi itself plays most of its home matches at the FNB-Stadium. The champions are led by their outstanding midfielder Jali and can rely on the goal-scoring qualities of striker Peter Shalulile.
Head-to-head & statistics
- In 18 matches, Kaizer Chiefs have won 6 times, Mamelodi 7 times
- Kaizer are without a home win against Mamelodi since 2017
- Mamelodi have scored the first goal in 78% of their games
- Mamelodi score 30% of their goals in the last 15 minutes
- Mamelodi’s Peter Shalulile has scored 22 goals (Kaizer’s top scorer is Keagan Dolly with “only” 8 goals)
Our betting tip for Kaizer Chiefs vs Mamelodi Sundowns
Of course, the new champions are favourites against the recently weak playing Kaizer Chiefs. But the coaching change has given new hope to Kaizer Chiefs’ lofty ambitions. They will be fighting for their lives in this top-of-the-table South African League match to keep their dream of qualifying for the CAF Champions League alive. We are betting on a win for Kaizer Chiefs in this match. In the event of a draw, the stake will be refunded. This bet is available with odds around 2.6 and even more at most books, for example at Interwetten.com.
- Manchester City vs. Manchester United – betting prediction, odds for the Premier League match (02.10.2022, 15:00 CET) - September 30, 2022
- Portugal vs. Spain – betting prediction, odds for the UEFA Nations League match (27.09.2022) - September 25, 2022
- Ghana announces squad for Brazil match - September 16, 2022