The 22nd World Cup begins on 21 November with the match between hosts Qatar and the team from Ecuador. 32 teams will play 64 matches in 28 days to determine the 2022 World Champion. The event will also set new records for sports betting turnover. But to ensure that not only the bookmakers make a profit, our team of football and sports betting experts from all over the world will take a close look at all the matches, teams, odds and betting opportunities for you.
- La Liga predictions
- Ligue 1 predictions
- Serie A predictions
- Bundesliga predictions
- Premier League predictions
- Africa Cup of Nations Predictions
- CAF Champions League Predictions
Even before there were World Cups, the Olympic Games featured intercontinental international matches played in tournament mode. The first major Olympic football tournament was won by the host nation Great Britain in 1908. Four more Olympic Games followed with another victory by Great Britain, a victory by Belgium and two successful tournaments in 1924 and 1928 with the Uruguay team. Consequently, the first World Cup tournament was held in 1930 in the country of the best team in the world at the time: Uruguay. In this final tournament, Uruguay prevailed against 12 other participants. In the final, the Uruguayans finally defeated the Argentinian team by 4:2.
20 more tournaments followed, won by eight different nations. The record World Cup champion was the Brazilian team, which lifted the World Cup trophy a total of five times – three times between 1958 and 1970 alone with the participation of Brazilian football legend Pelé. Other nations to have won the World Cup include Italy (1934, 1938, 1982, 2006), Germany (1954, 1974, 1990, 2014), Uruguay (1930, 1950), France (1998, 2018), England (1966) and Spain (2010).
Both the record goalscorer and the record player at the World Cup are from Germany. Miroslav Klose scored a total of 16 goals in his 24 games between 2002 and 2014. Lothar Matthaeus played one game more. He took part in a total of five World Cup finals between 1982 and 1998. Both also won the cup. Klose in 2014, Matthaeus in 1990.
Each continent has its own qualification phase. Europe provides the largest contingent of participants of all continents. A total of 13 teams from Europe will take part in the 2022 World Cup.
In the group phase with eight match groups, each team will play three matches. The top two teams from each group will qualify for the round of 16. From there, the tournament will continue in knockout mode until the final.
The groups were drawn in Qatar on 01 April 2022. Host Qatar and the top seven teams in the FIFA World Ranking were seeded.
Betting on the World Cup
Next to the Olympic Games, the World Cup is the biggest and most important sporting event over an extended period of time. The games are watched all over the world, even by nations that have not qualified. The worldwide popularity of the event makes it particularly attractive for sports betting providers. Because during the tournament, many who are normally less interested in football or sports betting also become potential customers.
That is why the World Cup tournament is also offered by all betting shops. In addition to classic match bets, long-term bets are also very popular during World Cup tournaments: Who will be the world champion? Who will win the respective group? Who will be the top scorer? Who will be the best player? These are all offers that can already be found in the bookmakers’ assortment.
The preliminary round of a World Cup is usually good for many surprises and it is therefore always worth keeping an eye on the supposed underdogs. Since the odds at a World Cup are more influenced by the public than at other events and many of them are based on names rather than facts, it always happens that the favourites are overestimated. At the 2018 World Cup in Russia, there were many surprises, such as Iceland’s draw against Argentina, Mexico and South Korea’s wins against the then defending champions Germany, Spain’s draw against Morocco and Saudi Arabia’s win against Iran. The odds for South Korea’s victory against the German team were 18.6 at the time. Thanks to the Asian Handicap, it is often possible to make a profit at the World Cup even on narrow defeats or draws. What was striking about the 2018 preliminary round matches was that there were very few draws. Only 19 % of all matches ended with an X.
The team of Bettingtipsafrica has already closely followed the World Cup qualifying matches of all federations and analyses the strengths and weaknesses of all teams and their players for you. We know all the statistics and have the technology to philtre out the best betting predictions and odds for you.
Our latest World Cup Predictions
- Australia vs Peru – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup play-off match (13.06.2022, 20:00)On Monday, the national teams of Australia and Peru will meet in Doha, Qatar. The kick-off is at 8 pm at the Al-Rayan Stadium. We have the best betting tips, odds and team information for you. By the way: If you want to bet on your smartphone, you should read our comparison of the most… Continue reading Australia vs Peru – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup play-off match (13.06.2022, 20:00)
- United Arab Emirates vs Australia – World Cup Playoffs betting predictions, odds (07.06.2022, 20:00)The World Cup qualifier between the United Arab Emirates and Australia will take place at the Al Rayyan Stadium in Qatar on Tuesday. The kick-off is at 20:00. We have the best betting predictions, odds and team news for you. What speaks in favour of the United Arab Emirates? Familiar climate No long journey What… Continue reading United Arab Emirates vs Australia – World Cup Playoffs betting predictions, odds (07.06.2022, 20:00)
- Nigeria vs. Ghana – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup Playoff (29.03.2022, 19:00 CET)Nigeria and Ghana meet in Abuja on Tuesday evening. The kick-off at the Moshood Abiola National Stadium is at 19:00 CET. The match will be officiated by Badara Diatta from Senegal. We take a look at the two teams, the best odds and betting for you. By the way: You can find our ranking of… Continue reading Nigeria vs. Ghana – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup Playoff (29.03.2022, 19:00 CET)
- World Cup Qualification in Africa – betting prediction, odds for the Playoff matches (25.03.2022)As in Europe and South America, qualifying matches for the World Cup begin in Africa on Friday CAF. 10 teams will fight in first and second legs for the last 5 tickets to Qatar. Here is an overview of all the matches with the best betting predictions for you. All matches have one thing in… Continue reading World Cup Qualification in Africa – betting prediction, odds for the Playoff matches (25.03.2022)
- Ghana vs. Nigeria – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup Playoff (25.03.2022, 20:30 CET)Ghana and Nigeria meet in the first leg of the World Cup play-off on Friday. The kick-off in Kusame in Ghana is at 20:30. We have analysed the teams, odds and best bets for you.