Austin FC will meet New York Red Bulls on Sunday night in the MLS. Kickoff is at 01:00 CET. We have the team news, best odds and betting predictions for you.
What’s in it for Austin FC?
- Last five games without defeat
- Strong South American attack
- 2.45 goals average at home
What’s in it for the New York Red Bulls?
- Second best away team of the season
- Greater experience in MLS
Our betting prediction:
- Betting: Austin FC -0.25 AH
- Bookmaker: Bet365
- Odds: 2.05
Team news Austin FC
Austin FC has only been around since last season 2021 and has done surprisingly well since then. Despite not making it to the playoffs in their debut season, they’re currently showing their best form. Head coach Josh Wolff‘s team is currently in second place in the league, just one point behind Los Angeles FC, which has invested heavily.
But Austin has also strengthened their team well this season. Argentine Sebastian Driussi, in particular, is providing a lot of momentum in Austin’s attack and is his team’s top scorer with 11 goals, benefiting greatly from assists from Uruguay’s Diogo Fagundez. Austin’s captain is the experienced Finn Alexander Ring, who previously played in the Bundesliga for Borussia M’Gladbach and 1. FC Kaiserslautern. He pulls the strings in the central midfield.
Most recently, Austin went 5 games in a row without defeat. Until the draw in the Texas derby against Dallas, they’d even won four games in a row.
Team news New York RB
While Austin is still a newcomer to MLS, the New York Red Bulls have been in MLS since the mid-1990s, first under the name New York/New Jersey MetroStars.
Since 2007, they’ve been part of the Red Bull soccer empire and therefore have an excellent infrastructure in terms of scouting and youth development. In that respect, they’re way ahead of Austin. The New York coach also brings a lot of experience from the franchise: Austrian Gerhard Struber was a coach at the Red Bull Academy for years. Before joining the Red Bulls, he surprisingly led Wolfsberg AC to the Europa League.
But the players who make the big difference are missing from New York’s squad at the moment. The most noticeable player this season is Scottish striker Lewis Morgan, who’s already contributed nine goals. The long-time Celtic striker joined New York this season from Inter Miami. With few exceptions, the Red Bulls have all their best players available and will try to turn things around in Texas.
- Austin FC and the New York Red Bulls have yet to play an official game against each other.
- Austin has averaged 2.44 goals scored and 0.89 goals conceded at home.
- New York RB also has a positive goal-scoring record away from home: 1.45-1.00
- New York receives an average of 3.18 cards per game (Austin “only” 1.67)
- Austin scores 32% of its goals in the first half hour (NY only 19%)
- New York is the second-best home team this season
- The referee is Guido Gonzalez. He gives out an average of 4.5 cards.
Our betting prediction for Austin FC vs. New York Red Bulls
Austin has been in an upward form lately, while New York Red Bulls are getting weaker with every game after a strong start to the season, especially since the international break. In particular, Austin’s South American forward line of Maxi Urruti (31, Argentina), Diego Fagundez (27, Uruguay) and new signing Sebastian Driussi (26, Argentina) is proving to be a potent offensive weapon against opposing defences. The New York Red Bulls, on the other hand, have suffered a goal drought lately – especially in games on the opponent’s pitch: in the last six away games, the New Yorkers have scored only 3 goals – while Austin has scored 11 goals in the last 6 home games.
In the end, there’s a lot in favour for Austin FC staying at the top of the table, and depending on how Los Angeles FC plays its away game against Sporting Kansas City, they could take it back. That’s why we are betting on a home win for the Texans with an Asian Handicap of -0.25, which means that in case of a draw you’ll get half of your stakes back.
Bet: Austin FC -0.25 Asian Handicap @2.05 Bet365 and others
Recommended Betting Sites per country in Africa
|all Betting Sites Nigeria
|all Betting Sites Kenya
|all Betting Sites Ghana
|all Betting Sites South Africa
- Ghana convinces at the World Cup – soon against Brazil? - November 29, 2022
- World Cup: With two best players of 2022 out, who’ll win the Golden Boot? - November 22, 2022
- Ghana vs. Portugal – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup match (24/11/2022, 17:00 CET) - November 22, 2022