On Monday night Manchester United play Liverpool FC. Kick-off at Old Trafford in Manchester is at 21:00 CET. The referee is Michael Oliver. We have the best betting predictions, odds and team news for you.
What speaks for Manchester?
- Test match win with 4:0 in July
- Need for winning finally winning points
What’s in Liverpool’s favour?
- Won 4-0 and 5-0 against ManU last season
- Must win early in the season
- A well-rehearsed team that can compensate for absences
Our betting prediction:
- Prediction: Liverpool FC -1 AH
- Odds: 2.07
- Book: Bet365
Team News Manchester United
When Ralf Rangnick took over as interim coach at Manchester United at the end of last year, he was horrified. He predicted a bleak future for the team, which he felt needed to be rebuilt from scratch. He would have done it. But the Glazers, the billionaire owners of Manchester United, tried another solution: Erik Ten Haag, the successful coach of Ajax Amsterdam came to the Premier League and would not take Rangnick’s advice.
The available player material was trampled on, expensive players were brought in here and there for no apparent reason, such as Christian Eriksen, and so it was not surprising that ManU lost the first two games of the season – against teams like Brighton or Brentford this was surprising. Moreover, you have a bored superstar there with Cristiano Ronaldo, who is just waiting to find a new club.
In their plight, United have now signed the ageing, slow Casemiro from Real Madrid, who can clean up in midfield and gets on blindly with Kroos and Modric but will certainly not be ManU’s saviour. He is most probably not available yet for this match.
But one thing is for sure: It will be another exhausting season for Manchester United.
Team news Liverpool FC
Just like Manchester United, Liverpool has gone winless in their first two games of the season. But they cannot afford any more slip-ups in the title race, with Arsenal and perennial rivals Manchester City currently leading the way.
Liverpool’s big problem, however, is the many injured or suspended players, including Thiago, Diogo Jota or Oxlade-Chamberlaine, and new signing Darwin Nunez is also out for the time being after his stupid red card in the last game.
Nevertheless, we have a completely different construct here. A well-rehearsed team that desperately needs the win.
- Liverpool has won their last three official games, scoring 4 or more goals in each.
- In their last 5 games, friendlies included, they have always scored more than 3 goals.
- ManU scores only 22% of their goals in the last half hour – Liverpool 40%.
- Referee Michael Oliver gives a penalty in 33% of his games. In 63% of his games, there are at least 3 cards
Our betting prediction for Manchester United vs. Liverpool FC
In the history of the Premier League, it has almost certainly never happened before that Manchester United, the biggest and richest club in the world, gets odds of 5.00+ in a home game. But you can not even see any particular value in these odds if you assume that Manchester United can not pose any threat to Liverpool in the current set-up.
ManU’s game is simply too predictable, too simple-minded and ponderous. The signing of Casemiro won’t solve problems yet
We too can only recommend betting on Liverpool FC in this game. We bet on Liverpool -1 with the Asian handicap.
Our Prediction: Liverpool -1 AH @2.07
Recommended Betting Sites per country in Africa
|Bet9ja, Betking||all Betting Sites Nigeria|
|Betika, Odibet||all Betting Sites Kenya|
|Betking, Betway||all Betting Sites Ghana|
|Betway, Hollywoodbets||all Betting Sites South Africa|
- Ghana convinces at the World Cup – soon against Brazil? - November 29, 2022
- World Cup: With two best players of 2022 out, who’ll win the Golden Boot? - November 22, 2022
- Ghana vs. Portugal – betting prediction, odds for the World Cup match (24/11/2022, 17:00 CET) - November 22, 2022