Anyone who is interested in betting knows that knowledge and the right strategy are crucial for the success of a sports bet. Accordingly, we want to present news about sports betting and betting sites in Africa in this section.
Whether general news about betting providers, information about promotions such as new customer and existing customer bonus offers, current odds boosts and enhanced odds on certain sporting events, all this is to be presented in this section.
But sports betting is not always about registration bonus, often there are also little things that can make life easier for a betting enthusiast. For example, it is of interest whether a betting site suddenly accepts cryptocurrencies as a means of payment or whether a special provider now offers a native mobile betting app for download in the Google Play Store, whether a bookmaker has just relaunched its website or whether a provider suddenly takes over the betting tax for its customers …
Bookies are also often involved in sports sponsorship. This topic is particularly important for sports fans, as it strengthens the bond with the respective club/team and the bookmaker and is often accompanied by particularly attractive promotions for the fan base of this club.
Therefore, this topic is also to be presented here and new commitments of the betting sites in sports but also in the area of social engagement are to be presented here.
Latest News about Betting Sites
- Betway Ghana expanded and renovated its Customer Experience Centre in KumasiAfter a make-over and renovations, Betway reopened its Customer Experience Centre for enthusiasts and bettors in Kumasi. The customer experience centre of the bookmaker in Ghana’s second-largest city operates at Nyantakyi Plaza on Amakom Road. Existing since February 2018, it began to assist customers in the Ashanti Region who were interested in sports betting. Four… Continue reading Betway Ghana expanded and renovated its Customer Experience Centre in Kumasi
- 1xBet signs betting partnership with OSC Lille for African markets1xBet and OSC Lille announced the signing of a three-year agreement. The betting group, which received more than 40 awards, thus acts as the partner of the French football club in North and South Africa. Additionally, 1xBet became the Great Danes’ regional partner in the Middle East. The deal allows the bookmaker to use the… Continue reading 1xBet signs betting partnership with OSC Lille for African markets
- Betpawa became the headline sponsor of the Ghana Premier LeagueBetpawa and the Ghana Football Association (GFA) announced the signing of a three-year deal worth US$6 million. This agreement, which includes an option to extend, sees the betting site acting as the headline sponsor of the Ghana Premier League (GPL). Through the agreement, the GFA aims to market the GPL as the most successful and… Continue reading Betpawa became the headline sponsor of the Ghana Premier League
- 1xBet becomes PSG’s regional partner for Africa and Asia1xBet and Paris Saint-Germain announced a cooperation that started on 1 July 2022. Thus, the betting group, which achieved more than 40 awards, became a regional partner for Africa and Asia of France’s most successful football club. Initially, the contract runs for three years and foresees that the bookmaker prepares custom-made marketing campaigns. Unsurprisingly, the… Continue reading 1xBet becomes PSG’s regional partner for Africa and Asia
- Nigerian bookie Bet9ja offers 1,000 ₦ after overcoming a hacker attackThis week, Bet9ja is offering its customers a bonus bonanza. Thereby, a free sports bonus in the amount of 1,000 ₦ represents the first part of it. This constitutes a comparatively limited amount, but you can use it for betting on the UEFA Champions League and all other sporting events. The betting site is also… Continue reading Nigerian bookie Bet9ja offers 1,000 ₦ after overcoming a hacker attack
- The GBT (Gaming Board of Tanzania) reminded that it acts as the sole licensorOther bodies supposedly tried to provide their licences. This induced the GBT (Gaming Board of Tanzania) to emanate a clarification regarding the issuance of gaming licences in the country. The authority said in its statement that it had detected numerous “breaches” of licensing procedures. And this, it said, caused confusion among operators. Among other things,… Continue reading The GBT (Gaming Board of Tanzania) reminded that it acts as the sole licensor
- 888 Holdings established an African joint venture888 Holdings subscribed an agreement with five other industry specialists. Thus, the company established a joint venture called 888Africa, which will manage 888 products in regulated betting markets in Africa. Initially, 888 Holdings invested a minority shareholding in this. However, it retains the possibility to increase it, and in principle it could eventually own 100%… Continue reading 888 Holdings established an African joint venture
- South Africa accounts for over 80% of the African sports betting industryA bit more than a year ago, in February 2021, the US business magazine Forbes wrote that Africa represented the continent with the fastest growth. Because: startups earned 450 million $ in 2015 and 2 billion $ in 2019. In this context, the growth within the sports betting industry is primarily due to South Africa.… Continue reading South Africa accounts for over 80% of the African sports betting industry
- Hollywoodbets supports Blind Cricket South AfricaBlind Cricket South Africa tours Pakistan these days. Here, three ODIs and just as many T20s stand and stood on the schedule. The ODIs took place at the Southern Club Cricket Ground in Karachi. And the T20s will be played at the Iqbal Stadium in Faisalabad. You can watch all the matches in this tour… Continue reading Hollywoodbets supports Blind Cricket South Africa
- BetKing uses Intelitics’ data-driven productsThe owner of the bookie BetKing, KingMakers, announced a cooperation with Intelitics. This is a US-based provider of marketing and analytics platforms. The aim behind this is to strengthen the customer acquisition programme for the betting site. More specifically, Intelitics provides its data-driven products. In this way, KingMakers can manage all affiliate and paid media… Continue reading BetKing uses Intelitics’ data-driven products
- Betway sponsors the Stock Car Pro Series BrazilBetway, which sees sponsorship as a cornerstone of its marketing strategy, has announced an exclusive partnership with the Stock Car Pro Series Brazil. Here, the Brazilian touring car racing series represents the bookie’s first partner in motorsport. The agreement means that the betting site will benefit from a brand and television presence throughout the year.… Continue reading Betway sponsors the Stock Car Pro Series Brazil
- Betway scores a partnership with the Milwaukee BucksBetway and the defending National Basketball Association (NBA) champions, the Milwaukee Bucks, announced a multi-year partnership. The agreement provides for the betting site to act as the Bucks’ official gambling partner. The bookie will benefit from extensive branding in the Fiserv Forum, the home arena of the franchise. In addition, a new feature called “Betway… Continue reading Betway scores a partnership with the Milwaukee Bucks
- Betway supports the Ghana Women’s Premier LeagueBetway and the Ghana Football Association (GFA) announced that they agreed to a cooperation. More specifically, the British bookie will act as the development partner of the Ghana Women’s Premier League. The cooperation foresees Betway supporting the teams and also focusing on the expansion of the league. In doing so, the Ghana Women’s Premier League… Continue reading Betway supports the Ghana Women’s Premier League
- 1xBet becomes the official betting partner for 13 football competitions in Brazil1xBet continues its policy of supporting competitions around the globe and this year, especially in Brazil. After sponsoring the Brazilian Serie A and the Chilean Primera División last year, the betting site is now cooperating with a further 13 Brazilian tournaments. More precisely, this involves four Brazilian and nine state competitions. On the national level,… Continue reading 1xBet becomes the official betting partner for 13 football competitions in Brazil
- Betway agreed with Toulouse FC the first partnership in FranceThe traditional French football club Toulouse and Betway announced a multi-year agreement that makes the bookmaker an official sponsor of the second-division club. The collaboration with the purple and whites, who most recently played in Ligue 1 from 2003 to 2020, sees Betway feature on the LED boards and panels at the Stadium Municipal. Additionally,… Continue reading Betway agreed with Toulouse FC the first partnership in France