Exciting football, clubs rich in tradition, full stadiums – these are not only characteristics that can be attributed to the 1st Bundesliga in Germany. The 2nd Bundesliga is also becoming increasingly attractive. Measured by spectator average (before the pandemic), the 2nd Bundesliga was among the top 5 in Europe. The reason for the new popularity is also the large number of clubs that one would actually expect to play in a higher league.
The following betting predictions might also interest you:
- La Liga predictions
- Ligue 1 predictions
- Serie A predictions
- Premier League predictions
- Bundesliga predictions
- Africa Cup of Nations Predictions
- CAF Champions League Predictions
Once against Madrid, Milan, Manchester, now against Heidenheim, Aue and Sandhausen
Many of the 18 clubs in the 2nd Bundesliga look back on a glorious past. In the 2021/2022 season, for example, six former European Cup semi-finalists – Werder Bremen, Schalke 04, Hamburger SV, Fortuna Duesseldorf, Karlsruher SC and Dynamo Dresden – are among the participating clubs. HSV, Werder and Schalke have participated in the Champions League several times, Hamburg SV even won it against Juventus Turin in 1983. But today the opponents are no longer Madrid, Milan or Manchester, but Heidenheim, Aue or Sandhausen.
Very balanced and always good for surprises
In the second Bundesliga, it is close every year. No team with a big name can simply prevail – the supposed underdogs make it difficult for the favourites, surprises are the order of the day. And that makes the league all the more attractive for sports betting because the balance of the league also means higher and better odds.
Our betting experts always keep an eye on the games, players and all the stats to find the best bets for you!
Over 60% of the matches have more than 2 goals.
A look at the statistics for the completed 2020/2021 season
Many 2nd leagues in Europe are known for low-scoring, defensive games. Not so in the 2nd Bundesliga – here there is always cheering – 908 times in the 2020/2021 season! That means an average of 2.97 goals per game in the 306 matches. 44% in the 1st half, 56% in the 2nd half. If you like to bet on the number of goals, you are usually right in this league with the tip “over 2 goals”: In 61.1% of all games, you would have won with this tip.
Although the stadiums often remain empty in times of pandemic, there is a small advantage for the home teams. In the 2nd Bundesliga, this advantage is 0.31 goals. Of the 306 matches played in the 2020/2021 season, the home team won 138 times (45%). In 72 matches (24%) the points were shared. Away victories were celebrated 96 times (31%).
In such offensively oriented games as in the 2nd Bundesliga, in which play often takes place via the wings, many more corners are taken than in other leagues. On average, there are 9.93 corners. Those who like to place their own bets: In 76% of all games there were more than 7 corners – a number you can usually add to your selection.
If the technical level of the players is inferior, the stadiums are cramped, the atmosphere is heated and the game is tough – then this is also a basis for many yellow and red cards. The league average here is 4.22 cards per game (with one red card counted as two by sports betting providers). 2.05 for the home team, 2.17 for the away team.
As in many other leagues, the most common results in the 2nd Bundesliga are 1:1, 2:1 and 1:0. 27.4% of all matches ended with these three results. In the 20/21 season, however, there were also a few extreme outliers in the results: Once each there was a 3:8, 5:2, 4:3 and 2:5.
Our latest Bundesliga 2 Predictions
- Hamburger SV vs. Hertha BSC – Betting Prediction, Odds for the Relegation-Playoff (23.05.2022, 20:30)In the second leg of the Bundesliga relegation, Hamburger Sportverein will face Hertha BSC on Monday evening. Kick-off at Hamburg’s Volksparkstadion is at 20:30. We have the team reports, the best betting predictions and odds for you. By the way: You can bet on the Bundesliga with all the major sports betting providers. Find out… Continue reading Hamburger SV vs. Hertha BSC – Betting Prediction, Odds for the Relegation-Playoff (23.05.2022, 20:30)
- Hertha BSC vs. Hamburger SV – Betting Prediction, Odds for the Relegation-Playoff (19.05.2022, 20:30)On Thursday evening, the first leg of the Bundesliga relegation play-off will take place at Berlin’s Olympiastadion. Bundesliga side Hertha BSC will meet the challengers from the second Bundesliga, Hamburger SV. The kick-off is at 20:30 CET. We have the best predictions, odds and team news for you. By the way: You can bet on… Continue reading Hertha BSC vs. Hamburger SV – Betting Prediction, Odds for the Relegation-Playoff (19.05.2022, 20:30)
- Dynamo Dresden vs. Hamburger SV – betting tip, prediction, odds for the Bundesliga match (14.01.2022, 18:30)The 2nd Bundesliga begins the second half of the season with a derby between two of Germany’s most traditional teams. Dynamo Dresden welcome the favourites from Hamburg. The match at Dresden’s Rudolf Harbig Stadium will kick off at 6:30 pm and will be played without spectators. Here is our analysis. By the way, you can… Continue reading Dynamo Dresden vs. Hamburger SV – betting tip, prediction, odds for the Bundesliga match (14.01.2022, 18:30)