The history of the Europa League is still young and old at the same time. The Europa League was held for the first time in the 2009/2010 season. Before that, the competition had been known as the UEFA Cup since 1971. The Cup celebrated its unofficial origin in 1955 with the Fair Cities Cup. In 2000, the competition experienced a break. After the Cup Winners’ Cup was abolished, the Cup winners have since played in what was then the UEFA Cup and is now the Europa League.
The following betting predictions might also interest you:
- La Liga predictions
- Ligue 1 predictions
- Serie A predictions
- Premier League predictions
- Africa Cup of Nations Predictions
- CAF Champions League Predictions
Since it was first held, the Europa League has gained considerably in reputation. In the meantime, the winner qualifies for the next Champions League season. In addition, the premiums have been raised significantly every year. The competition has long since lost its reputation as the “losers’ cup”. Sevilla FC, Manchester United, FC Porto, Chelsea FC, Atletico Madrid and Villarreal FC are the only well-known teams on the winners’ list. The record winner is Sevilla FC with four titles. In addition, there are two trophies from the UEFA Cup era. German teams have only been able to win the UEFA Cup so far.
In the Europa League, the teams from the Federal Republic of Germany are still completely without a victory. So far, no German representative has even managed to reach a final. In the UEFA Cup, too, the last German success seems like an eternity ago. In 1997, the “Euro Fighters” from Schalke 04 secured the title.
In recent years, not only has the competition become more and more popular, but Europa League betting has long been an important part of the portfolio of sports betting providers. Long-term bets on the winner of the cup are popular. Not always easy, because after the preliminary round, “relegated” teams from the Champions League enter the Europa League and the roles are reshuffled. Therefore, betting on the winner before the season is not easy.
However, sports betting fans have a good opportunity to bet on the winner in the knockout round. Based on previous experience, betting on teams from England or Spain is particularly worthwhile. It is also worth taking a look at the squad sizes. Due to the double or even triple load, a large squad is necessary to be able to survive in the Europa League in the long term.
Of course, there is a wide range of bets on all Europa League matches. Not only the classic bets on the tendency, but also handicap bets or the numerous over and under bets attract betting fans. On average, almost three goals are scored per match in the Europa League, which is why the matches are both attractive and lucrative. Due to the importance of the competition, the Europa League betting odds are significantly higher compared to other events.
Our latest Europa League Predictions
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Rangers FC – betting prediction, odds for the Europa League Final (18.05.2022, 21:00 CET)In the grand final of this year’s Europa League season, the teams of Rangers FC and Eintracht Frankfurt will meet in Seville. The kick-off at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan is at 21:00. The match will be officiated by Slovenian referee Slavko Vincic. We have the best betting predictions, team news and odds for you.… Continue reading Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Rangers FC – betting prediction, odds for the Europa League Final (18.05.2022, 21:00 CET)
- Glasgow Rangers vs. Borussia Dortmund – betting tip, prediction, odds for the Europa League match (24.02.2022, 21:00 CET)
Glasgow Rangers from Scotland will meet Borussia Dortmund from Germany in the second leg of the Europa League. The first leg ended with 2:4 in favour of the Rangers. The kick-off is at 21:00 Central European Time. We have analysed both teams and found the best betting opportunities for you